Butte College Concurrent Enrollment


About Concurrent Enrollment
The Concurrent Enrollment Program allows students to enroll in college courses while simultaneously attending their high school/middle school.  Credits earned through this program may be used to fulfill high school and college certificate, transfer, or graduation requirements.

Who Participates?
Any student that is currently enrolled in high school or jr. high may participate in concurrent enrollment.


1.  Consult with your parent/guardian(s), your school counselor and/or principal to see if you'd be a good candidate for the Concurrent Enrollment Program.

2.  Apply online or you may pick up a paper application at one of the Campus locations.  Students under 13 years of age must apply in person to the Butte College Admissions and Records Office.

3.  Obtain a Concurrent Enrollment Permission Form from the following:

Your school counseling/principal’s office OR

The Butte College Welcome Center/Office of School Relations OR

Download and print the form here

4.  Assessment (If Required)  If taking courses in math, reading, or English, or enrolling in more than 2 non-exempt classes, you must complete the pre-enrollment Butte College assessment testing requirement.  For more information on assessment requirements, consult the Butte College Catalog, the assessment web site, or call the Assessment Office at (530) 895-2350.

5.  Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Permission Form   Consult with your school counselor and/or principal to select courses and obtain appropriate signatures.  It is advisable to select alternate courses in the event that the courses you select are full.  

6.  Submit the completed Concurrent Enrollment Permission Form by the deadline to one the following:  (Deadlines: November 29, 2018 for Winter Session and January 7, 2019 for Spring Semester)

In Person to Butte College Welcome Center/Office of School Relations (Main Campus)

Mail to 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville Ca 95965.  Attn: Welcome Center/Office of School Relations

Fax to (530) 895-2962

Email to schoolrelations@butte.edu

7. Attend a Prep Session (Optional)  Join us as we provide an overview of the concurrent enrollment process, provide information about campus resources, and answer questions.  More information can be found here.

8.  Registration  Once you have received an approved form signed by the appropriate Butte College representative, proceed with the registration process via Butte College's online MyBC registration process.   View the Butte College web site to obtain the date and time for your registration.  Concurrent enrollment is limited to 11 units maximum in the Fall and Spring terms, 10 units maximum in the Summer term, and 4 units maximum in the Winter term.

9.  Fees/Payment  Enrollment and service fees are waived for Concurrent Enrollment students.  Course material fees and textbooks are not currently waived and may be an additional cost.

10.  Attending Class Students are responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the college and follow the Butte College academic calender. 

11.  Transcripts  If you are completing the course to obtain high school credit, you must have your Butte College transcripts sent to your high school. Transcript Request Forms are available at the Admissions and Records Offices at the Main Campus, Chico Center, Glenn County Center or here

College Transfer Guidelines

The Transfer Counseling Center provides unique programs and services that guarantee your admission to the university of your choice, such as completion of a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with seven of nine University of California (UC) campuses, and the new Cross Enrollment Program with California State University (CSU), Chico, which allows you to take one course at CSU, Chico free while attending Butte College.

The Transfer Counseling Center also provides On-The-Spot Admission (OTSA) workshop with Humboldt State, CSU, Chico and CSU, Sacramento. The Center also provides transitional services geared towards ensuring that you meet university priority dates and deadlines, such as CSU and UC online Admission Application workshops to assist you in completing your online admission application within priority filing periods.

The Transfer Counseling Center also provides major-university specific academic advising designed to ensure you experience a smooth and seamless transfer to the university of your choice by providing you with a major-university specific Student Education Plan (SEP) and completing your university admission requirements through completion of an IGETC and/or CSU-GE Certification. Visit our web pages to see what we can do for you, then stop by and set an appointment to get on the right track today!

To better understand the requirements to earn a degree at Butte Community College, Transfer to a CSU, or Transfer to a UC, the following links will be of help.
A Degree with a Guaranteed Transfer  - Earn an Associates degree (AA-T or AS-T) and get a guaranteed transfer agreement to a CSU campus. 

Career & Technical Programs

Find your path to a Career & Technical Program at Butte College.  This link with take you to the necessary steps you will need to take to get started in the educational training in:

Automotive Technology, Cosmetology, Certified Nursing Assistant, EMS - Paramedic, Firefighter 1 Academy, Fish and Wildlife Academy, Law Enforcement Academy, Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), LVN - to - RN, Registered Nursing (RN), Respiratory Care, State Parks Academy, Welding Technology.