Career Exploration

Getting ready for life after high school means checking out career, college and travel opportunities. The following sites may be of help as you explore your options.

College Entrance Testing and Application

Juniors planning on going to college should take the  PSAT/NMSQT , also known as the Preliminary SAT, to improve their test taking skills for when they take the college entrance exams.  See PSAT information above.

Take your college entrance exams during or after your Junior year. Visit College Board  or ACT to see the testing schedule and register to test.

Explore the University of California and California State University campuses.

California Community College is a great place to either get training for job placement, earn a certificate, earn an Associate Degree or complete General Education credits necessary to transfer to a 4-year college.

At Butte Community College students may take their first two years of college before they transfer to a 4-year university.  Students may earn an AA degree or choose from numerous Career and Technical Education Programs.

NCAA Prospective student-athletes are strongly recommended to consult the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Clearinghouse regarding eligibility issues at Division 1 and Division II Colleges.  You are urged to read the "NCAA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete"
Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse here.

College Planning Ideas

My College QuickStart™ - My College QuickStart is an online college and career planning kit available free of charge to all students who take the PSAT/NMSQT.

Travel Tips

Maybe you need some time to experience life outside of Chico before you make your college or career choices. See another part of the world in an Exchange Student Program.