May 2013 Newsletter --Items of interest includeBaccalaureate, Grad Night Tickets, Safe and Sober Grad Night News, FFA Spring Update, Science News, Architecture, Construction and Engineering, Health, Notes from the Band, Choral Notes, CHS Sports and Senior Date to Remember.
Recently, a letter was mailed out to all seniors. The letter contains important information and dates of upcoming events. Attached to the letter are notices for students with outstanding items (books, athletic equipment, etc.). As stated in the letter, all debts must be taken care of prior to a student being permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony. If you did not receive a letter, please contact Robin Carriere in the main office. You can reach her at 891-3027.
FINAL TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
Seniors may request their final transcript to be sent to the college of their choice by completing a "Final Transcript Request Form" in the Counseling Office. The complete name and address of the college will be needed. There is no charge for this service. Students are encouraged to submit their request as soon as possible.
Junior Parents are needed to help at Sober Grad Night from 9:00 - 11:00 p.m. while senior parents are at the graduation ceremony. A lot of help is needed to make this night a success. Thank you in advance from the Sober Grad Night Committee.
We need a total of approximately 175 people the night of the event to make it happen.
1. Job Description: Friendly, but not too forward, respectful that this night is for the kids.
2. Main purpose is to mingle, and observe students in your assigned area. Early security will be present for student check in and be looking assuring student only brings in cell phone and/or camera.
3. Volunteers must be 25 years or older. The first block 9 - 11 pm is to be filled with Junior class parents.
4. Volunteers can sign up for more than one time block and/or to different areas, Alert Security if suspicious activity occurs.
5. Your goal is to insure a safe, sober and spectacular evening!!!
We need 20 people at the beginning of the event 9-11 to guide students from parking lot to entrance and help them with their tickets.
We need 24 people for security( 8 per 2 hour shift 9-11/11-2/2-5) which includes maintaining all doors are kept closed and secured, walking the perimeter of the outside of the building and keeping watch at the fenced in area.
We need 2 people for clean up each shift (12-1/2-3/5-6)
We need 18 people for breakdown from 5am - 7am
We need 30 people every 3 hours (10-1/1—4/4-6) for events/activities
Sober Grad Night
Tickets can be purchased for $40.00 by sending a check (made payable to CHS Grad Night) to:
Chico High Sober Grad Night
236 West East Avenue
Chico, CA 95926